The UC Secondary School
UC offers a Secondary School programme that provides an atmosphere of achievement leading to success in academics and beyond. Our small class sizes and innovative teaching staff ensure a supportive, enhanced learning environment that is tailored to each student’s individual education needs. UC Secondary School prepares students for the highly selective environment of the top university programmes in Ontario and beyond. UC is a private Independent Secondary school granted accreditation by the Ontario Ministry of Education and adheres to all provincial standards, including the provision of an Ontario Provincial Report Card and official transcripts to post-secondary institutions.
UC Secondary School continues to adhere to the philosophy of highly individualized learning. Some advantages of our programme include:
- Newly built, state-of-the-art facilities for life science, computer science, and technology classes
- Engaging extracurricular activities
- An atmosphere of achievement leading to success in high school and beyond
- Integrated technology and STEAM Laptop programme to enhance and support learning
- Opportunities and teacher support for students to enter respected academic specific competitions (University of Waterloo Math Competitions)
- Regulation sized athletic fields (soccer, tennis courts, basketball), track and field.
- Academic excellence with high standards for teaching and learning in and outside of the classroom
- Specialized, seasoned faculty dedicated to the students and the school
- Individuality in an environment where students and faculty can develop and pursue their unique passions and interests
- A wide array of academic, artistic, community service, and athletic programmes
- Open communication with parents, students, and faculty members; an “open-door” policy allowing for effective collaboration
- Active student voice where students feel empowered to speak and solve problems
- Small class sizes