A Foundation Built on Excellence
At UC, we pride ourselves in having one of the most enriched and STEAM focused Elementary schools in Markham. Our Elementary programme implements the Ontario Curriculum at an advanced level with low student/teacher ratios, small class sizes and highly-trained educators. The advanced curriculum means that students are learning a grade ahead in the subject areas of language, math, science and social studies.
In addition, UC offers enrichments through both our educational curriculum and our physical facilities. UC students enjoy guest lectures and stimulating field trips, and our teachers regularly plan individual and group-based activities that allow students to apply the knowledge they have gained in the classroom to the real world.
Our students have access to:
- A fully-equipped science lab, technology studio and STEAM lab at each campus.
- A state-of-the-art computer studies programme provided by a dedicated and qualified instructor in a modern computer lab with a ratio of 1 computer per student.
- An automated library resource centre with an online research facility.
- Advanced French language instruction.
- After-school study period as well as a variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs.
- An in-school tutoring programme personally provided by our teaching staff.