Unionville College (UC) is dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience. Students are active participants in their own education. Classroom lessons encourage students who get admission to explore, discover, challenge, and debate as they engage in dialogues with their peers and their teachers.
UC strives to provide a well-rounded approach to education. Students develop the skills they need to succeed in school and in life through activities that promote academic excellence, self-reliance, good sportsmanship, aesthetic appreciation, and critical thinking.
We help our students to become self-motivated and self-disciplined scholars as well as responsible citizens in their community, their country, and their world. At UC, learning is a total life experience.
- UC reflects the full spectrum of educational approaches, traditional to progressive.
- UC admission is selective and this helps to ensure that students are well matched to academic programmes, the school’s objectives and the student achievement expectations.
- UC believes that character and ethics matter and school traditions emphasize honesty, civility, self-discipline and personal responsibility.
- UC believes that success requires personal resolve and self-motivation and these qualities must be developed.
- UC students are expected to assume an increasingly active, leadership role. They learn to balance the curriculum expectations with other commitments.
- UC has class sizes which permit personalized learning.
- UC believes that successful outcomes are a sound measure of accountability.